Our world looks very different from just a few months ago. With the coronavirus forcing states to enact stay-at-home orders, we all need to do our part to bring an end to this pandemic. But while we are isolating, we also need something productive to do and gardening is a great hobby to take up this spring. Here are a few benefits that gardening in your yard can bring you during this tumultuous time.
1. Gardening is an outdoor activity isolated from others while still in the comfort of your own yard.
2. Gardening is a real and physical activity to do and accomplish, not virtual or electronic like some segments of our lives are currently reduced to.
3. Gardening can relieve stress.
4. Gardening burns calories, can lower blood pressure, and improve heart health.
5. Gardening can save you money on groceries, by growing your own vegetables, fruits, and herbs.
6. Gardening is great for any age, from children to senior citizens, and is a bonding opportunity for the whole family.
With all this in mind, we are here to serve you for your garden and plant needs. Although we do not have a curbside pickup service at this time, we are taking necessary precautions to create a safe shopping environment, such as sanitizing shopping carts, cashier counters, and common areas. Our employees are practicing social distancing and we urge our customers to do the same. Currently, it is not busy or crowded in the greenhouse so this is accomplished easily. We urge anyone who is especially vulnerable to the virus to be safe and stay home. As the weather continues to warm up, we will take necessary precautions to keep everyone safe, especially our customers and employees, as we navigate through this pandemic.